NOTE: This program is no longer open for enrollment.
GIS system management requires good leadership and proper planning to ensure successful and sustainable GIS operations for supporting an organization’s decision-making process. Investigate the critical tasks of a GIS project to determine the key objectives and develop a needs assessment. Delve into ways to design and prepare a database in order to manage relevant data and perform an analysis to accurately interpret the results. We provide the tools for you to analyze and adapt to your own personal experience and organizational setting. Collaborate with peers to work through project challenges and experience GIS as it pertains to your particular circumstance. Adapt your learning immediately in the workplace, and take your GIS career to the next level with a solid understanding of background and process.
GIS managers, analysts, supervisors, and those building and implementing geographic information systems or seeking to move into a GIS implementation-level position.
What You'll Learn
- Identifying GIS strategy and needs assessments, building processes, application development, and project tracking.
- Best practices for prioritizing project integration with other needed data, inside or outside of an organization.
- How to design a geodatabase using domains, subtypes, annotations topology and relationships.
- Tracking resources for accurate, consistent and up-to-date geodatabases.
- GIS metrics and analytics for the project to support the goals of the organization.
- Geoprocessing operations on a dataset, including overlays, analysis, data conversion.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries, and can be found in small firms or companies, corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- GIS Technician
- GIS Analyst
- GIS Coordinator or Manager
- GIS Developer
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Completion of the Professional Certificate in GIS Fundamentals or consent from the Business, Technology and Health program manager.