Take the lead in today’s data-driven world with an in-demand skill set that offers endless applications in nearly any industry. Learn how to understand, organize, and visually present large amounts of data.
Program Dates: June 29 – August 7
Extend your stay and Learn More.
Register for Python week to complete the course GIS Python Scripting.
Download the Intensive Academy Calendar.
- Are involved with building and implementing information systems or seeking the skills to launch a career in GIS.
- Wish to sharpen current GIS skills and obtain a certificate to validate their expertise.
What You'll Learn
- State-of-the-art technologies and software using the ArcGIS platform: ArcGIS Pro, Mobile apps, Online Cloud GIS, Web App Builder and web app templates, ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Analyzing tools and methodologies.
- Visualization using cartographic design and web services.
- Practice with Web GIS related fields and pioneering technologies.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries, and can be found in small firms or companies, corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- GIS Technician
- GIS Analyst
- GIS Coordinator or Manager
- GIS Developer
What You Should Know
Dates and Deadlines
- Early Bird Rate: $2,500 (if paid on or before June 1)
- Pay a $500 deposit to reserve your spot.
- Deposit is nonrefundable after June 1.
- Balance is due on or before June 21.
Students are provided with all course materials, textbooks, parking, and a luncheon. Field trips (including transportation) include:
- Esri User Conference in San Diego
- Esri headquarters in Redlands
Added workshop: GIS Career Workshop
Access to ArcGIS Software licensing will be provided via the online UCR GIS portal. This will include licensing to ArcGIS Pro 2.3 as well as access to several Web Apps and an allocation of online credits for Web based GIS activities.
Computers are setup and available in the GIS Lab for your use, but if you want more flexibility and the option to work at home and on weekends, you may want to have your own laptop and storage device available. If you wish to use your own laptop, please ensure it has sufficient resources to run ArcGIS Pro.
A laptop is not required, but if you bring your own, it must have minimum system requirements to run the ArcGIS Pro software. System requirements can be found at the links below.
Housing is not included in the program fee. For housing at the International Village, visit the International Village website. Nearby hotels and other housing may be available.
Earning The Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
- Basic computer skills (highly recommended)
- ArcGIS knowledge or complete the 4 sessions (highly recommended)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows
- Consent of program coordinator
- Successful completion of a minimum of 4 free online classes from Esri