According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, web development ranks among the economy’s fastest growing professions, with jobs expected to increase at a 15% annual pace by 2026. Join the ranks and immerse yourself into this 24-week Full-Stack Flex Program designed to give you the knowledge and skills to build dynamic end-to-end web applications and become a full-stack web developer.
The rigorous and fast-paced curriculum covers both theory and practice, beginning with a deep dive into the basics of coding and data structure, while allowing you to gain proficiency learning on real-world projects under the guidance of area employers. Work with a career services team to ramp-up your resume and learn what’s needed to land the perfect job. Build your professional portfolio throughout the program to showcase your abilities and hone your competitive edge by wowing your next potential employer. Stretch your knowledge to new limits and join the digital revolution.
Creative individuals considering a career change; those who want to shift from a non-technical to technical position; entrepreneurs looking to launch a business; or those looking to expand their skill set.
What You'll Learn
- Full-stack web development, including the skills needed to become a proficient front- and back-end developer
- How to build a website from scratch or by utilizing a front-end framework
- How to create full-stack, single-page web applications with RESTful routes and AJAX methods
- Methods for generating dynamic content and how to implement user-authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases - MySQL and MongoDB
- How to develop apps while applying the accepted and standard basics of social coding - source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.
- Basics of troubleshooting and enhancing legacy code
- How to create RESTful API's properly utilizing JSON as a data format
- The entire development cycle of complex projects in both independent and collaborative settings
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries all over the world, and can be found in private firms, corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Web Developer
- Product Manager
- QA Test Engineer
- Software Developer
- Application Development Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Web Designer
- Email Developer
- Web Producer