Gain the knowledge and expertise to work with students who are ready to make one of the most important decisions in their life. Help junior and senior high school students faced with establishing academic and career goals, and learn the ins and outs of college admissions to help students from a variety of backgrounds.
- High school college and career counselors who want to develop their professional competencies.
- High school guidance counselors who want to acquire specialized knowledge to transition into the role of college counselor.
- College admissions personnel who want to become more familiar with high school processes and institutional protocols.
- Junior high and middle school counselors who want to provide their students with a head start in planning their post-secondary options.
- Teachers who want to be better informed about post-secondary options.
- Individuals who want to develop an independent college counseling practice.
- Parents who want to assist their middle or high school student with the admissions process.
What You'll Learn
- How colleges choose students
- Application calendar for private and public colleges
- Financial planning and admission procedures for small private colleges
- Helping athletes and students with special talents
- Working with underrepresented students
- Critical dates on the testing calendar
- Preparing students for college entrance exams
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in both private and public schools.
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent