Demand for transitional kindergarten teachers is on the rise as more districts opt to incorporate TK into their schools. Whether an experienced teacher looking for a change, or a new educator fresh out of school, this program is designed to impart the knowledge and expertise needed to foster an effective learning environment where children can learn fundamental academics, while simultaneously developing maturity and confidence. Make your mark and pave the way to a successful outcome for young learners.
Credentialed teachers and/or individuals who possess a bachelor’s degree and have passed the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST), who are looking to teach Transitional Kindergarten in California.
What You'll Learn
- Influences on children's biological, physical, social-emotional and cognitive development
- Quality teaching practices that address cultural and developmental differences
- Methods for engaging parents and building a collaborative relationship between home and school
- Language development in children ages 0-5 and strategies for working with English learners
- Differentiated instruction techniques for TK-K combination classrooms
- Evidence-based curriculum and bridging the Preschool Learning Foundations with the Common Core State Standards
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Teaching positions are available in both private and public schools.
Professional Licensure and Certification
University of California programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student for California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the University of California and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.
The University of California has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether, if they complete a University of California program, they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Passing score on CBEST
Transfer all 36 units to earn a Master's degree.
- School: California Baptist University
- Location: Riverside, CA
- Program: Master's of Science in Education, Transitional Kindergarten Concentration
- Transferable Units: 36 units are transferable from the Teaching Transitional Kindergarten Certificate