Those who want to further their career in turfgrass management, including:
- Lawn Care Specialists
- Golf Course Managers
- Athletic Field Managers
- Vegetation and Cemetery Managers
- Pesticide Technicians
What You'll Learn
- Efficient and environmentally sensitive management practices for turfgrass facilities
- Scientific aspects of turfgrass management
- Physical and biological principles of plant processes
- How to identify different turf species
- Technical skills related to the design, maintenance and management of irrigation systems
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available all over the world in private firms or corporations, government or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Turfgrass Managers
- Building/Grounds Supervisor
- Pesticide Technician
- Lawn Care Specialist
- Golf Course Superintendent
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent.
- No prior college coursework is required.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical and algebraic calculation, PC use and introductory botany is recommended.
Specialized Continuing Education Credit Available
Continuing education credit is available through the California Department of Pesticide Regulation for:
- Foundations of Turfgrass Management
- Turfgass Pests
- Pesticide Use on Turfgrass and Ornamental Plants
Students seeking credit for select courses from one of the following agencies should contact the agency directly with approval requests:
- Irrigation Association
- International Society of Arboriculture Western Chapter
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.