You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
A thorough introduction to the various methodologies, techniques, and strategies available to business leaders, managers and entrepreneur's seeking to improve their staff's capabilities, engagement, innovation and flexibility. You will also examine the attitudes and attributes successful coaches and mentors use to empower others. Discussions include:
- emotional intelligence
- how to motivate employees
- alternate work options
- the appropriate application of different management styles
- not ignoring difficult employees
- leading and coaching within an organization
- identifying how to get the most out of people
- your role as a leader, counselor, listener, facilitator, and director
The focus is on self-examination, discussion and reflection; in-class research and practical role-plays; and exploration of the magnitude of what it means to concentrate on others in order to achieve high performance and effectiveness in the workplace.You will learn the skills needed for designing and developing action plans for staff development and training.
PrerequisitesMGT X465.1, Understanding Your Role as Supervisor
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Supervision and Leadership : Required