You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
An in-depth examination of the basic principles for Lean Six Sigma projects and programs within an organization. You will have the opportunity to use and practice these concepts which may be implemented into the workplace to reduce waste, improve performance, and cut costs. Addresses Lean Six Sigma in manufacturing, service industry, non-profit companies, education, and government organizations. Lean principles were originally designed for manufacturing processes, and the lessons presented will show how to achieve integration of Lean Principles and Practice into other areas within a company or organization. You will study the history and principles of Lean Six Sigma, and will learn how to use metrics and measures for the implementation of a Lean Six Sigma environment. Areas of focus are:
- process flow
- value stream mapping
- the visual workplace
- 5-S improvement
- set-up reduction
- Kaizen events
- rapid improvement methods
You will also be introduced to how Lean Six Sigma techniques are used to stabilize processes, reduce variation, mistake proofing, risk assessment, and failure modes effect (FMEA) analysis. This course is appropriate for any team or individual responsible for operations and process flow improvement. It is designed for managers, line supervisors, functional leaders, business analysts, key suppliers, business consultants, and sales representatives.
- Recognize and understand the basic Lean Six Sigma terminology and practices.
- Gain an understanding of the critical factors required for successful implementation of a Lean Six Sigma environment into an organization.
- Receive in-depth knowledge of the methods and use of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques within multiple types of departments and organizations.
- Apply these tools and techniques to a workplace-based Lean Six Sigma project and presented significant cost savings and improvement to the areas of focus.