You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Examination of the elements of crimes: crimes against persons, property, public health and safety, and others. Differences between felonies and misdemeanors and between crimes and torts are discussed.
- The Penal Code structure
- Overview of criminal procedure, including factual and legal burdens of proof
- Corpus delicti issues
- Procedures before, during, and after trial
- Commonly encountered defenses
- General sentencing issues are presented to help students understand criminal law in context
- Aspects of evidence relating to proof of crimes and limitations imposed on the introduction of evidence