You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Develop an understanding of critical pedagogy, and learn how to implement this teaching philosophy in your classroom settings. You will examine academic literature in critical pedagogy, with a focus on Paulo Freire, and additional scholarship that questions the contradictions of knowledge and power in the educational system.
- Study the development of critical pedagogy.
- Analyze the historical and contemporary educational experiences of Communities of Color in the United States.
- Evaluate the intersegmental implications of critical pedagogy for research, curriculum, policy, and praxis.
- Apply a critical pedagogical lens to the planning, instruction, and assessment tasks.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Ethnic Studies Education : Required