Develop an understanding of critical pedagogy, and learn how to implement this teaching philosophy in your classroom settings. You will examine academic literature in critical pedagogy, with a focus on Paulo Freire, and additional scholarship that questions the contradictions of knowledge and power in the educational system.
- Study the development of critical pedagogy.
- Analyze the historical and contemporary educational experiences of Communities of Color in the United States.
- Evaluate the intersegmental implications of critical pedagogy for research, curriculum, policy, and praxis.
- Apply a critical pedagogical lens to the planning, instruction, and assessment tasks.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Ethnic Studies Education : Required