This course increases your understanding of learning disabilities. Current theories regarding deficiencies in visual, auditory, visual-motor, speech/language, and sequential processing are presented, in addition to an examination of:
- memory problems
Symptoms, identification and implications of learning difficulties are also emphasized.
- Describe the difficulty some individuals have with processing language and the evidence-based methods used to address language deficits.
- Identify approaches to remediate and/or to compensate for deficits in reading.
- Explore issues related to other learning differences, such as dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and the impact of attention deficits.
- Understand how the principles of Universal Design for Learning apply to individual students.
- Expand familiarity with a variety of multisensory and other strategies that are effective with students with learning differences.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Educational Therapy : Required