Examines auditing theory, principles, and practices as they apply to financial accounting, including governmental audit principles. You will cover:
- audit requirements and reporting standards
- preparing for an audit
- the purpose and use of audit results
- documentation, establishing and maintaining internal controls
- use of statistical methods in audits
- objective and subjective audit criteria
- legal requirements and standards for warehousing and securing data
• Understand the purpose and function of financial audits.
• Be able to interpret and explain audit materials and terminology.
• Analyze the professional responsibility of the audit and audit process.
• Understand Sarbanes/Oxley rules and standards.